The This Is Justin Electronics Recycling Program (ERP) was built for two purposes:
- To eliminate the amount of electronic waste that ends up in landfills. and,
- To re-use electronic waste by repairing or repurposing equipment.
The goal is simple. Prevent electronic waste from ending up in landfills where they degrade, not decompose, and have not only long-lasting effects to the landfill itself, but longer term affects on the environment as the degrading chemicals are released in the atmosphere. Did you know that many electronics are comprised of heavy metals such as lead, mercury, cadmium and beryllium? Not to mention the amount of plastic that is produced in order to create many of these components.
Instead, electronics are taken apart and recycled appropriately, or repurposed and provided to someone who can use the device to live a more fulfilling life. If you are interested, or in need of a computer or other electronic component, please reach out via the contact page.
How Does The Electronics Recycling Program (ERP) Work?
- Send us a message or e-mail us at email@example.com with a list of items that you wish for us to pick-up.
- We’ll arrange a date and time for the pick-up of the electronics.
- We show up at the desired location at the arranged date and time, and we’ll haul away the desired items.
What Happens After You Pick It Up?
- We take it back to our facility and sort it appropriately. Items that can be re-purposed are repaired and re-distributed to someone who needs it. This process will be tracked and posted for transparency.
- Items that are to be recycled are taken apart into their individual components and recycled by an EPRA-approved recycling facility.
Do I Need To Drop Off, or Do You Pick-up?
You don’t have to lift a finger. We’ll arrange a date and time, along with a pick-up location. We come to you and do all of the heavy lifting!
Please Note: Pick-ups at the far-most Eastern and Western parts of Prince Edward Island are done on a single day of the week.
What Are The Pick-up Days?
Central Prince Edward Island: Please Contact
Mount Stewart/Pownal to P.E.I. East: Wednesday
Crapaud/New Glasgow to P.E.I. West: Thursday
What Will You Recycle?
We recycle all types of electronics, but here is just a taste:
- Televisions, computer monitors, all-in-one panels, projectors, and broadcast displays
- Corded or cordless telephones, as well as answering machines
- VCR’s, DVD players, CD players, speakers, amplifiers, receivers, and even cable/satellite equipment
- Desktop computers, keyboards, mice and cables
- Internal computer components such as motherboards, processors, video cards, hard drives, and RAM.
- Laptops, notebooks, netbooks, and other portable computers
- Printers (laser, inkjet, dot matrix, etc..), fax machines, and other multi-function print, copy, scan devices.
- iPods, iPads, iPhones, Android phones, Android tablets, headphones, portable speakers
- Radios and portable tape players, along with standard MP3 players.
- Home theatre systems
- Vehicle audio components such as amplifiers, speakers, subwoofers, and head units.
- Pagers and PDAs
- Video games systems and peripherals (console, games, controllers, joysticks, and cables)
- GPS devices (both personal and vehicle)
- External storage drives and devices such as computer drives and network-attached storage (NAS)
- E-Book readers
- Desktop and portable computer scanners